Last Updated: April 18, 2008
What Personal Information About Customers Does Goldfish Tea Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at our store. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and may store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our store, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: As with virtually all websites, we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. "Cookies" are used to obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Goldfish Tea. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at Goldfish Tea if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: We often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Goldfish Tea if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please let us know.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; purchase history; the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; and products you viewed or searched for.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as the storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits. Without cookies, the online ordering system would not be able to associate your shopping cart with you, and you would not be able to carry more than one item in your cart at a time. The cookie is NOT spy ware or ad ware or anything even remotely sinister, and it does not collect any information from you that is ever used for purposes other than described herein.
- The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of Goldfish Tea’s coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does Goldfish Tea Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We do not share your information with anyone outside of Goldfish Tea except for authorizing transactions through Authorize.net.
Conditions of Use
If you choose to visit our store, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Michigan. If you have any concern about privacy at Goldfish Tea, please send us a thorough description and we will try to resolve it. Use of information that we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use.
External Links Disclaimer
Some links on the Goldfish Tea Web site point to documents and sites which are not located within the internet domains that we manage and, therefore, are not controlled by Goldfish Tea These links are included to point the visitor to other possibly relevant resources.
A link to a document or site other than those included within the domain(s) managed by Goldfish Tea does not necessarily imply that Goldfish Tea
- endorses the organization(s) or person(s) providing them,
- agrees with the ideas expressed, or
- attests to the correctness, factuality, appropriateness, or legality of the contents.